The UK work visa is a visa issued for foreigners who wish to work and live in the UK for shorter or longer periods. It is divided into 4 main group, including: Short-term work visas, Long-term work visas, Investor, business development and talent visas, Other work visas.
UK SHORT-TERM WORK VISAS
UK short-term work visas are also known as temporary worker visas consist of the following cases:
- UK Charity Worker visa. Persons who want to do unpaid voluntary work for a charity in the UK can apply for this visa. A certificate of sponsorship from a licensed employer is required.
- UK Creative and Sporting visa. This visa is issued for people want to work in the UK as a sports person or creative worker can apply for this visa. The main requirements for this type of visa is the possession of a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed employer in UK.
- UK Government Authorized Exchange visa. This type of visa is issued for people want to come to the UK for work experience or to do training, an Overseas Government Language Program, research or a fellowship through an approved government authorized exchange scheme.
- UK International Agreement visa. You should apply this type of visa if you want to work for a foreign government or as a private servant in a diplomatic household in the UK.
- UK Religious Worker visa. This visa is for persons want to move to the UK for a short-term in order to do religious work, such as preaching or working in a religious order, you can apply for this visa.
- UK Seasonal Worker Visa. You can apply for a Seasonal work visa if you want to travel to the UK and do farm work for up to 6 months.
- UK Youth Mobility Scheme visa. A visa for persons who have certain types of British Nationality or are from certain countries, between the age of 18 to 30.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR UK TEMPORARY WORK VISA
There are some specific documents that you must prepare to support your UK temporary worker visa application:
- Valid passport.
- Bank statements showing you have had at least £945 in savings continuously for 90 days before you apply.
- Your tuberculosis (TB) test results.
- A certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.
- For Creative and Sporting visa: a letter of endorsement from your sport’s governing body, if you’re applying as a sportsperson or coach.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A UK TEMPORARY WORK VISA
To apply for a UK Temporary work visa you should do the following steps:
- Step 1: Complete online visa application form at the UK government’s website.
- Step 2: Pay the visa fee and the health surcharge. If you are applying for a UK Seasonal Worker Visa, no health surcharge is required.
- Step 3: Make an appointment for having your fingertips and photograph taken as a part of your application.
The earliest that you can start your application process for a UK Temporary Work Visa is three months before the date you are scheduled to start working.
UK TEMPORARY WORK VISA FEES
The UK Temporary Worker Visa Fee is £189 for citizens of Turkey and North Macedonia, and £244 for the rest of the world citizens. If you are planning to bring family members with you, you will need to pay an extra £244 for each.
UK TEMPORARY WORK VISA PROCESSING TIME
It will take about three months for this types of visa process after applying.
LONG-TERM WORK VISAS FOR THE UK
This visa is for people want to work in UK in a long period. The main categories of the UK long-term work visas are as follows:
General UK work visa. This visa is for persons from outside the EEA and Switzerland who have gotten a job offer in the UK. To apply this visa, applicant must be employed by a licensed sponsor in order to be able to apply.
UK Intra-company Transfer visa. Foreigners whose overseas employer has offered a role in a UK branch of the organization can apply for this UK work visa.
UK Minister of Religion visa. This visa is for non-EEA and Switzerland nationals who have been offered a job in the UK within a faith community.
UK Sportsperson visa. Elite sportsperson or qualified coach, who has been recognized by their sport’s governing body as being at the highest level of their profession internationally, can apply for this visa.
INVESTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND TALENT VISAS
The UK has established several visa types for foreign investors, business developers and talented persons including the categories below:
UK Innovator visa. This visa is issued for foreigners who want to set up or run a business in the UK.
UK Start-up visa. This is issued for persons who want to set up a business in the United Kingdom. Endorsement by an authorized body is a must.
UK Exceptional Talent visa. This visa is issued for persons who work in a qualifying field and have been endorsed as a recognized leader or an emerging leader.
UK Graduate Entrepreneur visa. Graduates officially endorsed of having a genuine and credible business idea should apply for this UK work visa.
UK Investor visa. This is a visa for investors that want to invest £2,000,000 or more in the UK.
OTHER TYPES OF UK WORK VISAS
Beside the common UK work visa mentioned above, there are several types of UK work visa such as:
- UK Ancestry visa
- Domestic Workers in a Private Household UK visa,
- Representative of an Overseas Business UK visa,
- Turkish Businessperson UK visa, Turkish Worker UK visa.