UK is a popular tourist destination which is famous as a beautiful mist country in harmony with tradition and modernity. UK Tourist visas are issued for short stays, tourism visits and similar purposes. UK authorities rarely do issue a tourism visa for a longer period than six months.
WHO SHOULD APPLY THIS TYPE OF VISA?
People, who want to enter the UK with the following purposes, should apply this type of visa:
- To visit family members.
- Medical treatment.
- For professional reasons.
REQUIREMENTS OF UK VISITOR VISA
To apply for an UK tourist visa, you should prepare the following required documents:
- Tourist UK visa application form
- Two color photographs that meet the UK guidelines.
- Your valid passport with at least one blank page. It must be valid for three more months beyond the date you plan to leave the UK after your trip.
- Proof of financial. This may be your bank statements for the last six months or pay slips for the same period.
- Specifics about your accommodation in the UK. You will need to present a document that shows where you will be accommodated while in the UK. This could also be:
- ID information and living address of a person covering your travel costs.
- ID information and passport number of any relative living here.
- Detailed travel itinerary. Include the travel dates, places you will visit, meeting agenda, booked tour, festival agenda, etc.
- Previous travel history. It can be proven through visas and entry/exit border stamps in current and older passports, or through separate residence titles.
- Specifics about your living address in the home country. Also, you’ve to show how long you’ve been living there.
- Biometric information. If you are applying for a visa that lets you stay in UK for more than 6 months, you will need to submit your biometric information. This includes giving your fingerprints and a digital photograph taken at the appropriate application center.
- Letter of invitation from the host.
- Paid UK visa fees. You should submit the receipt that confirms you have paid the visa fee as required.
- Certified translations of any document that is not in either English or Welsh.
- Recognized certificate of English language.
- Your criminal history.
- If you are a student: Academic and professional certificates.
- The names and birth dates of your natural/adoptive parents. This has to be supported by information about the number of their annual earnings.
- If you are employed in your home country: Contact and information of your existing employer.
- Tuberculosis Test Results. Nationals of several world countries will need to submit the requests of a Tuberculosis Test in order to be eligible for a UK Visa. Check here if you need to provide the TB test results.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A UK TOURIST VISA?
The application for a UK visitor visa must be made from outside the UK. The earliest you can apply for this visa is 30 days prior to your planned travel to the UK.To apply for a visa to visit the UK you will go through these simple steps:
- Step 1: Check if you are eligible for a tourist visa.
- Step 2: Complete the online application form.
- Step 3: Collect the required documents.
- Step 4: Schedule an appointment.
- Step 5: Attend the interview.
PROCESSING TIME OF UK VISITOR VISA
The UK visa processing time after biometrics is within 10-15 working days. However, 1-3% of the applications remain outstanding even after 6 weeks or 30 working days! And nearly 100% of the non-settlement applications are decided within 12 weeks or 60 working days.
HOW LONG CAN I STAY IN THE UK WITH A VISITOR VISA?
With a UK visitor visa you may stay in the UK for the following periods:
- At most 30 days. If you are a traveler under an ADS agreement.
- Up to 6 months. If you are traveling for a family visit or tourism.
- Up to 11 months. If you are traveling for private medical treatment.
- Up to 12 months. If you are an academic completing a research project in the UK.