UK is an excellent study abroad destination, regardless of major, therefore a lot of people want to have chance to study in this country. However, to come to UK for study, students must apply for a student visa. These visas are for foreigners seeking to get involved in studies in UK educational institutions.
TYPES OF STUDENT VISA
UK student visa is divided into 3 main types:
- Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa
- Tier 4 (General) Student Visa
- Short Term Study Visa
WHO CAN APPLY FOR UK STUDENT VISA?
Foreigners want to apply for a UK Student Visa you must meet the following conditions:
- Be a non-EEA and non-Swiss national.
- Be older than 16 years of age.
- Demonstrate English Language knowledge in an interview
- For studies held in the English language at the NQF level below 6– knowledge of English should be at least B1.
- For studies held in the English language at the NQF level 6 and higher – knowledge of English should be at least B2.
- Secure a place in the course in an institution listed as a licensed sponsor of Tier 4 candidate.
HOW TO APPLY FOR UK STUDENT VISA?
You must apply for UK student visa from your home country. To start your UK student visa you should consider the following steps:
- Submit your application online through the official website of the UK government.
- Schedule an appointment at the nearest application center, UK embassy or consulate in your home country.
- Attend the appointment to submit required documents and take biometrics and a photograph of yours.
DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR UK STUDENT VISA
To apply for a UK Student Visa you must provide the following documents:
- Valid Passport.
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). It contains details of the candidate, the course, and other information. The responsibility is on the sponsor to offer the CAS reference number to the candidate..
- Tuberculosis test results, if you are a national of a country where tuberculosis is frequent.
- Criminal record certificate.
- Parents’ or legal guardian letters, if you are under 18 years old.
- Maintenance funds for your entire period of stay in the UK or proof of financial subsistence.
- Proof of English Language proficiency.
- Unconditional written consent of the sponsor to the visa application.
- Academic Technology Approval Scheme Clearance Certificate, if applicable.
UK STUDENT VISA FEES
The fee for a UK General Student Visa is £348. If you plan to bring family members with you, you must pay an additional £348 for each.
UK STUDENT VISA VALIDITY
This visa validity vary depending on the period of the course. However, there are cases when there is an exception:
- If studies last for 1 year, the visa is valid for four extra months after the end of studies.
- If the course is a postgraduate doctor or dentist course, the visa is valid for one extra month after the end of studies.
- If the course is less than 6 months long and is a preparatory course visa is valid for one extra month after the end of the course.
- If the course lasts for less than 6 months and is not a preparatory course the visa is valid for an additional seven 7 days after the course.