Family visa is a visa issued for people want to live with family members in the UK more than 6 months. This Visa type is for people who have family members working and living in the UK and want to join them for more than six months, as their dependents. The dependents can be husband or wife (spouse), partner, fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner, children, parents, other family members.
If you are in UK, you can apply to extent your stay with your family members.
TYPE OF FAMILY VISA
UK family Visa is divided into 3 different categories:
- UK Spouse visa
- UK Parent visa
- UK Child visa
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR UK FAMILY VISA APPLICATION
Depending on each categories of visa, you must provide different documents for your visa application.
General required documents to apply for UK family visa application:
- UK visa application form. (depending on specific type of visa you must use different forms)
- Valid passport with at least an empty page in order to be able to affix visa.
- Your previous passports.
- Two passport-sized color photos that are in line with the requirements set by the UK.
- Proof of English language requirement.
- Proof of financial means.
- Proof of relationship with your UK residing parent, as photos of you two together, etc..
You will also have to submit supporting documents that will give the following information:
- Your full name
- your date of birth
- details of any previous immigration applications, if any
- details of any criminal convictions, if any
- your national insurance number, if any
- your parents’ date of birth and nationality if you’re applying from outside the UK
- your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
- You will have to provide a translation of any document that isn’t in English or Welsh
HOW TO APPLY FOR A UK FAMILY VISA
You can apply this visa both if you in UK or outside UK. If you are outside UK you must apply online as following steps:
- Submit your application online through the official website of the UK government.
- Schedule an appointment at the nearest application center, UK embassy or consulate in your home country.
- Attend the appointment to submit required documents and take biometrics and a photograph of yours.
UK FAMILY VISA FEES
- Joining your partner, parent or child: £1,523
- Each dependent added to your application: £1,523 each person
- Adult who needs to be looked after by a relative: £3,250
UK FAMILY VISA PROCESSING TIME
A decision will usually be made within 12 weeks. It might take longer if your application is complex.