The Tier 5 visa allows entry to work in the UK in a number of different circumstances, such as for charity workers, entertainers, diplomatic staff, and sportspeople. Most Tier 5 workers need a job offer from a licensed Tier 5 sponsor in the UK
Tier 5 visa categories:
Following, find the UK Temporary Work Visa Types and a short explanation for each.
- Charity Worker visa. This is a UK Temporary Work Visa for those who wish to do unpaid voluntary work for a charity. The job taken must be directly related to the sponsor charity’s work.
- Creative and Sporting visa. You can apply for this visa if you have a work offer in the UK as a sports person or creative worker such as a musician or actor in the UK
- Government Authorized Exchange visa. This category is for people coming to the UK to do various work experience, training, and research activities through approved schemes that aim to share knowledge, experience and best practice.
- International Agreement visa. You should apply for this visa if you have been contracted to work for a foreign government or as a private servant in a diplomatic household, or other work covered by international law while in the UK.
- Religious Worker visa. Apply for this visa if you want to work in the UK as a religious preacher, in a religious order or other work related to religion.
- Youth Mobility Scheme. This visa is issued for workers aged 18 – 30 from a limited number of countries who wish to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years.
Who Can Apply a Tier 5 Temporary Worker Visa?
Requirements For Tier 5 visas depend on the specific category you are applying. There is no English language requirement for Tier 5 visas. To apply for a UK Temporary Worker Visa you will need to meet the following genral requirements:
- You must be a non-EEA andnon-Swiss national.
- You need to get a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed employer.
- You should prove to the British authorities that you have £945 in your bank account, which has been there for at least 3 months before the date of your application. You will be exempt from this requirement, only if your sponsor is fully approved (‘A-rated’) and will be covering your accommodation and food for your first month in the UK.
How to Apply for a UK Temporary Worker Visa?
To apply for a UK Temporary Worker Visa you first need to complete the online application form. The form is available at the UK government’s website.
You will need to answer several questions related to you, as name & surname, date & place of birth, etc. In addition, there are questions related to your previous trips to the UK or anywhere else in the world. You will also need to give information on the reason you are applying for this visa.
Then you will need to pay the visa fee and the health surcharge. You are exempt from paying health surcharge if you are applying for a UK Seasonal Worker Visa.
Lastly, find the UK Visa Application Center in your country and there to have your fingertips and photograph taken as a part of your application.
When to Apply for a UK Temporary Worker Visa?
You can apply for UK temporary visa three months before the date that you plant to start working. This date is indicated in your certificate of sponsorship. Apply earlier three months is not accepted.
Required Documents for a Tier 5 Temporary Worker Visa UK
The British authorities will take a decision on your case mostly based on the documents that you submit to support your application. There are some specific required documents, which you need to submit when applying for a UK Temporary Worker Visa.
These documents are as follows:
- Applicant’s Passport and/or Valid travel identification
- Passport-sized colour photograph
- Applicant’s Previous passports (if held any)
- Proof of maintenance requirements – Personal Bank Statements or Confirmation of maintenance and accommodation, if necessary, from your A-rated sponsor.
- Tuberculosis (TB) test results if your country is on the list where you have to take the test.
Note that according to your nationality, the visa type you are applying for and your current situation, you will be required to submit additional documents.
UK Temporary Worker Visa Fees
When applying for a visa to UK you will need to pay a fee for the processing of your application. The UK Temporary Worker Visa Fee is £189 for citizens of Turkey and North Macedonia, and £244 for the rest of the world citizens.
If you are planning to bring family members with you, you will need to pay an extra £244 for each.
UK Temporary Worker Visa Processing
You will get an answer on your UK Temporary Worker Visa application within three weeks of applying.
UK Temporary Worker Visa Validity
The maximum validity of UK temporary worker visa is 2 years, except for the Seasonal Worker Visa that is valid for a maximum of 6 months.
Dependants under Tier 5 Categories
A dependant, usually your partner or your child aged under 18, can apply to join you in the UK as a dependant of Tier 5 visa holder. Your dependants will have to apply at the same time of your application and pay for the healthcare surcharge as part of their application.